Despite several types of illness floating around (my poor baby nephew got the flu!), we managed to have Christmas as a family and I got some wonderful gifts. My sister got me a 6-month subscription to Birchbox! I’ve heard that this is the creme de la creme of sample subscription services so I’m very excited to see what comes along. Here’s what was in my first box:
Amika Obliphica Nourishing Hair Mask
- Haven’t had a chance to try this one yet, will report back when I do.
Color Club Put A Pin In It
- This is gorgeous! It’s a slightly pinkish silver foil polish that shines like a mirror. I haven’t tried this polish brand before so it was a great introduction – more pics tomorrow.
Harvey Prince Yogini
- I’m pretty meh about fragrance in general so this didn’t really do anything for me.
theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer
- This has been on my wishlist for a long time and I was so pleased to see it in my sample box! I’d never get through a full size, so this is perfect. It’s a beautiful metallic white gold highlighter that has plenty of sheen but no big glitter.
twistband hair tie
- I’ve used this a few times and I like that it holds my hair without leaving a telltale bump. Downside is that it doesn’t grip as well as my regular hair ties and it tends to slip in my hair (which is very slippery on its own). Might work best on curly or coarse hair types.
tili bag (this was my ‘lifestyle extra’)
- A plastic baggie with a very cute pattern… I’m sure I will find a use for it, but I would never purchase them on my own because they’re about $1 each. Target brand baggies work just fine for much less!
Birchbox lets you set preferences for which types of products you want to receive (I didn’t get to set mine this time because it was a surprise!) … I went and filled out my online profile with them so I think the next box will fit my preferences a little better. Still, there were at least 2 items I really loved in this box and that’s plenty to get excited about!
I’m all typed out so I’ll do a separate post about how Birchbox works later this week. Have a good one!