OPI Fall 2011 Collection: Touring America

When I see info like this, sometimes I think Wow, really? Are we really going to start talking about fall collections when it’s not even April yet? But today I’m thinking YAY FOR MURKY NAIL COLORS!

Earlier today the OPI posted these pretties on Twitter and said they were the result of an “incredible journey” with plenty of stories to share.

I’m a little confused about the mixture of dirt/mud/moss/slate colors with bright pinks and corals, and I’m interested to see how they tie the shades into their trip across America. No word yet on names (which are always the best part!) .

Update 3/24/11: The collection includes Uh Oh, Roll Down The Window, Honk If You Love OPI, A Taupe The Space Needle, French Quarter For Your Thoughts, Get In The Expresso Lane, Road House Blues, Suzi Takes The Wheel, I Brake For Manicures, Are We There Yet?, Color To Dine For, I Eat Mainly Lobster, and My Address is Hollywood.

I think I’m most interested in Uh Oh, Roll Down The Window so far (though not as much as when I didn’t know the name!!)… what about you?

, , ,

9 Responses to OPI Fall 2011 Collection: Touring America

1. The Beauty Bite March 24, 2011 at 7.03 am #

What a fantastic mish mash of shades! I’m going to the UK press launch of this in a week or so , which means swatches galore! I’d love to hear the stories behind some of these colours…it’s an intriguing bunch!

Thanks for the picture!

xx

• Katie April 1, 2011 at 2.22 am #

CAN’T WAIT FOR YOUR SWATCHES! I’m so jealous of the UK beauty blogging community and all your press events, we never have that sort of thing here, but that’s probably because there isn’t one central city for us to gather in. Maybe the “bigger” bloggers are invited to these sorts of things? Seems more common for them to be sent free product vs. invited to an event.

xyz

2. Liz (Beauty Reductionista) March 26, 2011 at 3.03 pm #

This is my first glimpse of the fall nail collection aside from Chanel Graphite. Echoing your love for murky moody colours! Not feeling them very much at the moment but come fall I will be ALL OVER this stash. Having trouble with the names, though – so lengthy!

(Btw, I’m new to your blog via Tracy @ Beauty Reflections. Hello!)

• Katie April 1, 2011 at 2.21 am #

I’m so out of season! All winter I wanted brights to cheer me up and now in spring I’m getting so into greyish purples. Agree about the names, though.

Welcome to the blog!

3. Love, B March 26, 2011 at 10.38 pm #

From the demo shades, I’m liking Suzi takes the Wheel and Honk if you love OPI, but I’ll have to wait to see swatches XD.

• Katie April 1, 2011 at 2.20 am #

You’re right, it’s so hard to tell from these images because OPI uses computer-generated colors for the bottles. Will post more info as soon as I get it!

4. BritishBeautyBlogger March 31, 2011 at 2.32 pm #

OMG – there isn’t one shade there that I wouldn’t wear! I went off OPI shades for a bit because they’d all got a bit predictable, but these look amazing.

• Katie April 1, 2011 at 2.20 am #

I have to agree, this is the first OPI collection I’ve been excited about in quite a while. Can’t wait to see real photos of the shades that show the finish… I’m hoping some of the murky shades will have fine shimmer.

• Wendy October 8, 2011 at 11.32 pm #

I seen OPI Espresso on Pinterst and fell in love with it’s brown color with the gold glitter. I looked everywhere for it, I had to have that color, finally I found Espresso, ordered it but was very disappointed with the color. The color did not resemble the color on Pinterst at all no gold glitter. I wish OPI would come up with that color with the shimmer and glitter.