MAC Cremeblend Blush Comparison

Well, I had an unfortunate incident with my computer last night. A corrupted SD card somehow cleared out my entire photo folder, which contained all the blog photos from the past year. I’m pretty upset about it. If anyone knows how to fix it, give me a shout!

But let’s get on with it. Today MAC re-launched their line of Cremeblend blushes ($19.50 each) to replace the old Blushcreme formula. I snagged two Cremeblends (seen for a limited time in the Lilly Pulitzer collection last year) at my CCO recently and the formula is just as great as I remember – pigmented, blendable, and not sticky.  The pigment is almost overwhelming unless applied with a very light hand or a skunk brush. I find the texture to be a middleground between the very slick and translucent Illamasqua Cream Blusher and the very dry Make Up For Ever HD Blush.

Illamasqua Promise, MAC So Sweet, So Easy, MAC Joie-de-Vivre, MUFE HD #6

Illamasqua Promise, MAC So Sweet, So Easy, MAC Joie-de-Vivre, MUFE HD #6

Lasting power is pretty good, certainly as good as other cream blushes I’ve used. I also tried them on the lips and found the texture resembled a satin finish lipstick. Joie-de-Vivre (not part of the new collection) looked nice but So Sweet, So Easy looked a little too pepto pink for my taste. They’re a little drying, so definitely apply some balm. MAC doesn’t say whether these are lip-safe, and because they’re called blushes I’m going to assume not.

I’m excited to see the other more neutral colors in person – hopefully I can get some swatches done soon! What do you guys think? Will you be satisfied with these to replace your old favorites?

Price: $19.50
Rating: A-
Availability: MAC Cosmetics

, , , , ,

11 Responses to MAC Cremeblend Blush Comparison

1. Justine March 3, 2011 at 2.29 pm #

I picked up “Something Special” from the new collection, I haven’t tried out any older formulation ones, so I can’t compare. I kinda like my NYX blushes better though!

• Katie March 3, 2011 at 5.27 pm #

In that case you’ll probably like the old formula better. Try going to an outlet to get them at a discount before they’re gone!

2. Charlie March 3, 2011 at 2.51 pm #

Sorry to hear about your pics, that would upset me a lot!

I find So Sweet So Easy very subtle on my face and I do really love it! Joie De Vivre is also a fave but much less subtle, super blendable though so its fine. I love Creme Blushes!

3. Dovey March 3, 2011 at 2.59 pm #

Oh no! I know how upsetting that can be. A similar thing happened to our work camera. It’s always important to back up pictures on computers!! The good news is that the problem can be fixed— but you do need a friend who’s a techie to fix it (i.e. I don’t know the details… someone else did it for me…)

• Katie March 3, 2011 at 5.27 pm #

Some of them were backed up, thankfully. I hope my brother will be able to fix it!

4. Jen W March 3, 2011 at 4.13 pm #

Joie de Vivre looks gorgeous. How does this formula compare with the old blushcreme formula?

• Katie March 3, 2011 at 5.27 pm #

It’s totally a matter of personal preference. I love this new formula and hated the old one for being greasy and sticky. Others loved the old formula for its lasting power.

5. Vijaya March 3, 2011 at 5.44 pm #

I liked the blushcreme formula. *Sigh*.

6. Gladys March 4, 2011 at 1.01 am #

I recently deleted a folder on my system with about 80gigs worth of files. I used Recuva and got them all back and pretty quickly too. Worth a shot.

7. Delyteful Speaks March 9, 2011 at 4.49 am #

I just bought Virgin Isle from the Stylishly Yours collection and it’s stunning.. stayed on all day and the colour is just superb! I love cream blushes.. they look more natural than powder ones.. I have a post on Cream blushes on my blog if you’re interested check it out..

Thanks for your lovely insight

8. StealMyHeartLovee March 12, 2011 at 9.32 am #