This year I started the blog and my, what an adventure it’s been! More work than I ever imagined but also more satisfying. Although things may slow down a bit in the coming year, I intend to keep posting as much as I can. With extra classes, graduation, and hopefully finding a job, we’ll see how much that is!
I hope 2010 was great for you, and that 2011 is even better. Thank you so much for reading, supporting, and being my friend
Here are some of the beauty lessons I learned in 2010…
- Skincare is the cake, and makeup is the frosting. I spent a good portion of this year struggling with less-than-stellar skin. I tried to cover it up with makeup and felt horrible when I washed it all off. I decided a few months ago to take my skincare more seriously (including a visit to the dermatologist) and things have been steadily improving.
- Biting my nails isn’t nearly as satisfying as painting them. This year I finally put a stop to my nasty habit of nail biting and discovered a love of nail painting. I love looking down at my hands and seeing pretty colors, and I love even more that my nails don’t look like they’ve been through a cheese grater. At least not as much as they used to.
- Bloggers and vloggers have a wealth of information to share, but sometimes you have to scout around for good ones. I highly recommend all of the blogs in my sidebar for their stunning photos, quality reviews, and valuable tips. As for vloggers, my favorites are the Pixiwoo sisters, Tiffany D, Lisa Eldridge, and Wayne Goss.
And here’s a look back at the top 10 posts of 2010…
- MAC A Tartan Tale, Chapter 1 Swatches
- NARS Holiday 2010 Collection Info
- MAC A Tartan Tale Collection Info
- MAC Venomous Villains Release Party
- MAC Cham-Pale Collection Info
- Sleek Makeup Rose Gold Blush Review
- NARS Eyeshadow Duo Swatches
- Too Faced Holiday 2010 Swatches
- Revlon Colorburst Lipstick Review
- Urban Decay Master Class
Happy new year!